Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Having Hope When All Seems Hopeless: It's Okay to Cry

First I want to tell you
It's okay to cry!

"Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?"
Psalm 56:8-11

It's even a good thing to cry unto the Lord. He wants to comfort you. It's a good thing physically because a good cry washes stress out of your body.

"My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God."
Psalm 56:8-11

The Lord is with you even when everyone else has left. He wants us to throw ourselves into His loving care and pour out our grief. Because He cares for you so much that he knows how many hairs are on your head.

"But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
Matthew 10:30

Sometimes we get to thinking that tears are a sign of weakness. They are not. They are a sign of grief and the strongest among us suffer grief. Sometimes we just need someone to tell us we can break down and cry. I'm telling you it's okay. So first, when all seems hopeless, go ahead and cry. You'll feel better. The Lord is waiting to hear from you.

No comments: