Saturday, May 24, 2008

Water!

"And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
"Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."
Isaiah 12:1-3

I love it when I read God's Word and a passage jumps off the page and grabs hold of my heart! I was saved as a five-year-old little girl on Palm Sunday in 1966. My Sunday School teacher taught the crucifixion using paper flannelgraph pictures. I remember being the feelings that rushed through my little soul as I realized that Jesus went to Calvary for just me! I bowed my head and asked Him to forgive me of my sinful state and thanked Him for taking my place. Even as a little girl who hadn't even started kindergarten, I remember the joy!

Now, more than 42 years later, that same joy sprang up in my heart when I read the words, "he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."

Do you remember the joy you felt when you first asked Jesus to be your personal Savior?

If you can't remember a time when you realized you were a sinner in need of salvation, let me take just a moment to share some things with you:

You Can Know You
Will Go to Heaven

I John 5:13 says “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

There are Four Things You Must Know To Have Eternal Life

1. Realize You Are a Sinner

Romans 3:10 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”

2. God Has Placed an Awful Penalty on Your Sin

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death”

Luke 16:23 “And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments,…”

3. Jesus Died to Pay the Price for Your Sins and Offers Salvation as a Free Gift

Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 6:23b “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

4. You Must Receive the Gift of Eternal Life the Bible Way

Romans 10:9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

You Can Pray and Trust Christ as Your Savior Right Now

If you will come to Christ as a sinner, you can be saved. Pray this simple pray and call on Jesus as your Savior.

“Dear Jesus, I know I am a sinner. I believe you died for me on the cross and rose again to pay for my sin. I am trusting you as my personal Savior. Forgive me of my sin and save me as the Bible promises. Amen.

Join my in my joy!

No comments: