Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Do you know Him?

Do we know God?

"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;"
Philippians 3:10
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ."
1 Corinthians 2:14-16
"He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."
John 1:10
"And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart."
Jeremiah 24:7

Do you know my Hero, my husband?

Where was he born?
How many sisters does he have?
How many brothers?
Hold old is he?
When he was in high school, what career did he want to pursue?
When did he get saved?
What is his favorite color?
What is his favorite pastime?
What is his favorite food?
What is his favorite drink?
What was his first job?

I, of course, can answer all these questions, why?

Because I have spent time with him, listening and talking to him.

Do you spend time with God, listening (Bible reading) and talking (praying)?

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."
1 John 2:3
"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."
1 John 4:7


What can we know about God?

  • His knowledge of us
"But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?"
Galatians 4:9
"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity."
2 Timothy 2:19

  • His care and love of and for us
"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."
Ephesians 3:19
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?"
Romans 8:35

  • His control in our lives
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."
2 Timothy 1:12

No comments: