Sunday, June 14, 2009

Titus 2: What does "becometh" mean?

"But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:"
Titus 2:1

From dictionary.com:
become:
–verb (used with object)
3.to be attractive on; befit in appearance; look well on: That gown becomes you.
4.to be suitable or necessary to the dignity, situation, or responsibility of: conduct that becomes an officer.

From the verse and the meaning of the word, I understand that Titus 2 is a discussion of things that are "suitable or necessary to the dignity" of sound doctrine.

I want to be suitable, so I think the chapter deserves my attention.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I love this chapter but it is never preached. If it is, some of the key verses are preached wrong or just plain skipped over.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Deborah said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the KJV Blog Directory...trying to get out and visit all of our members this month. Hope to see you posting here again.

The Loveless Family said...

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been visiting all the blogs at the KJV blog Directory.

Susan said...

Hey, Terri! Just dropping by from KJV Blog Directory, like the other ladies, trying to visit all the blogs on the list. I see you on FB every day - so wavin' at ya! ;)