Friday, May 30, 2008

Imperatives From Psalm 37, Part 5

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5

There is a difference between trusting and committing. Committing is rolling it all on God— giving your way to Him and letting Him carry it. When I commit my way to the Lord I allow Him to lead me as if I am blindfolded and gagged. Too often, we allow God to lead us only when we can see where the road is going. As soon as the way becomes uncertain, we start running our mouths like an obnoxious backseat driver.

That is not committing.

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" Matthew 6:25

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

That is committing.

No comments: