Friday, June 27, 2008

Back to Basics

I'm not afraid to say that I am 47 years old. The number doesn't mean much to me. I laugh when someone turns 30 and thinks that they are getting old.

I am amazed though, that at 47 years old, I find that my thoughts often dwell on lessons I learned when I was four. I teach two- to five-year-olds in Primary Church every week and I am very aware that many of the Bible principles that sustain me, I learned in Primary Church.

This week, I found myself walking around singing

Faith is just believing
What God said He would do.
He will never fail us,
His promises are true.
If we but receive Him,
His children we become.
Faith is just believing
This wondrous work is done.

The song comforted me and I realized that I first learned this song when I was but four. Never underestimate the basics, or the things that you teach your small children.

No comments: