Thursday, June 12, 2008

Be Prepared: The Mind, Part 4

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."
Lamentations 3:21-26

A mind prepared to serve the Lord recalls some things.
  • God is compassionate.
  • Great is His faithfulness
  • He is our portion.
  • He is good.
  • We can hope in Him.
  • We should wait quietly for Him.
Aren't those all wonderful things to recall? When you are hurting, He is compassionate. When you feel alone, He is faithful. When you feel destitute, He is your portion. When it seems as if only bad things surround you, He is good. When all seems hopeless, you can hope in Him.

Quiet your mind. Recall and wait for Him.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is such a wonderful thought for today. I was just speaking to my mother this morning about a personal trial she faced yesterday and may be facing today. I'll be sure to share this with her.

~Kristi