Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Good Ol' Gospel Train


I know I haven't mentioned it on here before, but my grandson lives for trains. He loves trains. He eats and breathes trains.

Some Sundays, when our church attendance is down, he is my only student in Primary Church. I found a song to teach him and had the opportunity today.

It goes like this:

I am traveling on the Hallelujah track
On the Good Ol' Gospel Train.
I am on the right track
And never will go back
To the station of sin again.

I need no fare
I'm traveling on a "pass"
Tis' the blood for sinners slain.
I am traveling on the Hallelujah track
On the Good Ol' Gospel Train.



Many, many times, when I am teaching my little ones, my heart is blessed beyond measure by the lesson. That was the case today. When we came to the line, "I need no fare, I'm traveling on a pass, tis' the blood for sinners slain," my heart welled within me once again in remembrance of the awesome gift of salvation.

Since I was a little girl myself, sitting in Children's church, singing Jesus Loves Me, it has never ceased to amaze me what Jesus did for me!

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:"
1 Peter 1:18-19

No comments: